This post will tell you about Wizkid net worth, according to the latest Forbes estimate, Wizkid awards and his biography.
What is Wizkid net worth in 2020? You’ll get to know in this post.
Before we talk about how much Wizkid net worth in 2020 is, let’s first of all talk about his background.
Wizkid Net Worth and Biography
Born in Surulere into the family of Balogun in July 16, 1990, Wizkid’s real name is Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun. This means that Wizkid will be 30 years old in July 2020.
He has been singing long before he shot into limelight in 2011 with his single Holla at Your Boy.
From then Wizkid has become a force to reckon with, both in Nigerian and International music world.
Quick Fact: Until 2006, Wizkid goes by the stage name “Lil Prinz.”
Before he started his own label, Star Boy Entertainment in 2013, Wizkid was signed into Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) in 2009 by Banky W, the CEO of the label.
Check out the video of when Banky W introduced Wizkid and Skales on my Twitter handle below:
— Big Finger (@Kay512_) July 16, 2020
Wizkid is of great international repute and gained even more international recognition after his collaboration with Drake on a song entitled “One Dance.”
The song topped the chart in more than 15 countries including the United States of America (US), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada.
No doubt, Wizkid is one of the greatest artistes to have come out of Nigeria and the world at large. To testify to his prominence, Wizkid has 5.6M followers on Twitter and 9.6M followers on Instagram. What a feat!
Wizkid Net Worth in 2020
You may ask, what’s Wizkid’s net worth in 2020?
As of today, going by the Forbes list of the richest African musicians, Wizkid net worth in 2020 is $20 Million, according to Forbes. That is, Wizkid net worth in 2020 is 20 million dollars.
How did he become to worth that much? We’ll know later in the post, but before then, let’s talk about some of the awards Wizkid has won.
ALSO READ: Davido Net Worth and Biography
Awards Wizkid Has Won
Wizkid has won several awards nearing a hundred, right from 2011 when he rose to prominence till date. But here are just a few, from 2015 to date:
- 2015: MOBO Awards – Best African Act
- 2016: Ghana Music Awards – Artiste of the Year
- 2017: BET Awards – Best International Act: Africa
- 2017: MOBO Awards – Best International Act
- Also in 2017: Future Awards Africa – Young Person of the Year
- 2017: Echo Awards – Song of the Year for “One Dance”
- 2017: Billboard – Top R&B Record for “One Dance”
- 2018: Afrimma – Song of the Year and Video of the Year’ awards for “Soco”
- 2018: Headies Awards – Viewers Choice, Best Music Video, Best R&B and POP Album
For a full list of all Wizkid’s awards from 2011 to date, go here.
Some of Wizkid’s Investment
As stated earlier, Wizkid net worth in 2020 is $20 Million. That is, Wizkid is worth 20 million US Dollars in 2020, according to Forbes. That’s a whole lot.
He deserves it though, StarBoy has paid his dues.
Here are some of his moneymakers:
- Wizkid is the CEO of StarBoy Entertainment, his record label, which he started in 2013
- In 2012: Wizkid signed a one-year endorsement deal with Pepsi reportedly worth 350,000 U.S dollars
- 2013: Wizkid signed a one-year deal with MTN Nigeria. His contract deal with Pepsi was also renewed for another two years.
- Also in 2013: he signed an endorsement deal with Guinness for the “Guinness World of More” concert, which was held at the Eko Convention Centre of the Eko Hotel and Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos on 3 November 2013.
- 2015: Wizkid signed a ₦128 million deal with GLO and ditched MTN.
- 2018: Wizkid signed a deal with CIROC worth several thousand dollars.
- He also partners regularly with popular brands such as D&G, Gucci and Nike. He even collaborated with Nike to produce his popular Star Boy Jersey.
- 2019: United Bank for Africa (UBA) announced Wizkid as their brand ambassador.
- Wizkid has a house worth millions in Lekki.
- 2020: Wizkid signed a deal with Tecno Mobile to launch their Camon 15
- Also in 2020: Wizkid partnered with Puma in the production of merchandise ahead of his Made in Lagos album launch
According to a tweet from Africa Facts Zone (@AfricaFactsZone) on Twitter, here’s their roundup of what makes
Wizkid Net worth. They tweeted:
Wizkid’s endorsement deals
- 2012: $350,000 1 year Pepsi deal
- 2013: N45 million MTN 1 year deal, Guinness
- 2014: Hennessy
- 2015: N128 million 1 year Glo deal *renewed Pepsi deal 4 times
- 2018: Ciroc
- 2019: N1 billion UBA deal
- Daily Paper
- Wizkid’s real name is Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun
- He was born in July 16, 1990
- Until 2006, Wizkid used to be Lil Prinz
- He is the CEO of StarBoy records
- Wizkid net worth 2020 is $20 million
Thanks for reading and please share this post with your friends on social media. You can use the social media share buttons below.