This post will tell you about Wizkid net worth in 2020, according to the latest Forbes estimate. We also explore Wizkid awards as well as his biography.
What is Wizkid net worth in 2020? You’ll get to know in this post.
But before we move on to talk about Wizkid net worth 2020 (Forbes), let’s first of all talk about Wizkid’s biography. Then we move on to some of his awards and then to his net worth.
Wizkid Biography and Net Worth in 2020
Born in Surulere into the family of Balogun in July 16, 1990, Wizkid’s real name is Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun. This means that Wizkid will be 30 years old in July 2020. He was born to a Muslim father and a Christian mother.
Wizkid started his journey into music from the church when he formed a group with his friend s from the church. Before his group, The Glorious Five, disbanded, they managed to release an album together.
Fast forward to 2009, amidst many other eventful years, Wizkid got a deal and was signed to Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) by Banky W, the CEO of the label. Then 2011 happened and he shot into limelight in 2011 with his single Holla at Your Boy.
From then Wizkid has become a force to reckon with, both in Nigerian and International music world.
After about four years with EME, mixed with glamour and drama, Wizkid started his own label StarBoy Entertainment in 2013. Today, he has signed several artistes to his label, including L.A.X, Maleek Berry, R2Bees, Efya and Legendary Beatz.
Quick Fact: Until 2006, Wizkid goes by the stage name “Lil Prinz.”
Check out the video of when Banky W introduced Wizkid and Skales on my Twitter handle below:
Wizkid is of great international repute and gained even more international recognition after his collaboration with Drake on a song entitled “One Dance.”
The song topped the chart in more than 15 countries including the United States of America (US), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada.
No doubt, Wizkid is one of the greatest artistes to have come out of Nigeria and the world at large. To testify to his prominence, Wizkid has 6.4M followers on Twitter and 10.4M followers on Instagram. What a feat!
Wizkid Net Worth in 2020
You may ask, what’s Wizkid’s net worth in 2020?
As of today, going by the Forbes list of the richest African musicians, Wizkid net worth in 2020 is $20 Million. That is, Wizkid net worth in dollars is 20 million dollars.
How did he become to worth that much? We’ll know later in the post, but before then, let’s talk about some of the awards Wizkid has won.
ALSO READ: Davido Biography and Net Worth
Awards Wizkid Has Won
Wizkid has won several awards nearing a hundred, right from 2011 when he rose to prominence till date. But here are just a few, from 2015 to date:
- 2015: MOBO Awards – Best African Act
- 2016: Ghana Music Awards – Artiste of the Year
- 2017: BET Awards – Best International Act: Africa
- 2017: MOBO Awards – Best International Act
- Also in 2017: Future Awards Africa – Young Person of the Year
- 2017: Echo Awards – Song of the Year for “One Dance”
- 2017: Billboard – Top R&B Record for “One Dance”
- 2018: Afrimma – Song of the Year and Video of the Year’ awards for “Soco”
- 2018: Headies Awards – Viewers Choice, Best Music Video, Best R&B and POP Album
- 2019: AFRIMA – Song of the Year and Video of the Year’ awards for “Fever”
For a full list of all Wizkid’s awards from 2011 to date, go here.
Wizkid’s Endorsements and Investments
As stated earlier, Wizkid net worth in 2020 is $20 Million. That is, Wizkid is worth 20 million US Dollars in 2020, according to Forbes. That’s a whole lot.
He deserves it though, StarBoy has paid his dues.
Here are some of his moneymakers:
- Wizkid is the CEO of StarBoy Entertainment, his record label, which he started in 2013
- In 2012: Wizkid signed a one-year endorsement deal with Pepsi reportedly worth 350,000 U.S dollars
- 2013: Wizkid signed a one-year deal with MTN Nigeria. His contract deal with Pepsi was also renewed for another two years.
- Also in 2013: he signed an endorsement deal with Guinness for the “Guinness World of More” concert, which was held at the Eko Convention Centre of the Eko Hotel and Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos on 3 November 2013.
- 2015: Wizkid signed a ₦128 million deal with GLO and ditched MTN.
- 2018: Wizkid signed a deal with CIROC worth several thousand dollars.
- He also partners regularly with popular brands such as D&G, Gucci and Nike. He even collaborated with Nike to produce his popular Star Boy Jersey.
- 2019: United Bank for Africa (UBA) announced Wizkid as their brand ambassador. There are speculations that Wizkid’s contract with UBA is worth ₦1 billion.
- July 2019: Wizkid struck a deal with Storm Model Management, a UK modeling agency.
- 2020: TECNO Mobile signed Wizkid and he participated in the launch of the Tecno Camon 15 series — Camon 15, Camon 15 Air and Camon 15 Premier.
- Wizkid also has a house worth millions in Lekki.
According to a tweet from Africa Facts Zone (@AfricaFactsZone) on Twitter, here’s their roundup of what makes Wizkid Net worth. They tweeted:
Wizkid’s endorsement deals
- 2012: $350,000 1 year Pepsi deal
- 2013: N45 million MTN 1 year deal, Guinness
- 2014: Hennessy
- 2015: N128 million 1 year Glo deal
- *renewed Pepsi deal 4 times
- 2018: Ciroc
- 2019: N1 billion UBA deal
- Daily Paper
Check the December 28, 2019 tweet out:
Wizkid’s endorsement deals
2012: $350,000 1 year Pepsi deal
2013: N45 million MTN 1 year deal, Guinness
2015: N128 million 1 year Glo deal
*renewed Pepsi deal 4 times
2019: N1 billion UBA deal
— Africa Facts Zone (@AfricaFactsZone) December 28, 2019
- Wizkid’s real name is Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun
- He was born in July 16, 1990
- Until 2006, Wizkid used to be Lil Prinz
- He is the CEO of StarBoy records
- Wizkid net worth 2020 is $20 million
Thanks for reading and please share this post with your friends on social media. You can use the social media share buttons below.