This post aims to tell you about Davido net worth, awards he has won and his biography.
Before we dive into the details of how much Davido net worth is, let’s talk about his background first. Very quickly.
Davido is the son of the business mogul, Adedeji Adeleke. His real name is David Adeleke and unlike many other Nigerian artistes, Davido was born in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States of America on November 21, 1992.
Being born there means our favourite holds passports (and is a citizen) of TWO great countries – Nigeria and America.
Davido came into prominence in 2011 following his hit single Dami Duro. Ever since then, Davido has gone on to record hits back-to-back. From Gobe to Aye to Skelewu to Fia and so on. And today, Davido has gone to become one of the most important acts to have come out of this country, having millions of followers on social media.
He is also of so much international repute and has featured many foreign artists in many of his songs that went on to become hit songs. Davido has featured the likes of Meek Mill, Young Thug, Chris Brown and so on.
ALSO READ: Top 10 Most Poweful Passports in Africa
Awards Davido Has Won
Davido has won many awards since he got into limelight, however, here are some of them from 2015 to 2018:
- 2015: MTV Africa Music Award for Best Male Artiste
- 2015: Nigerian Teen Choice Award for Celebrity Award – Top Featured Artiste
- 2015: Nigerian Teen Choice Award for Celebrity Award – CHOICE Male Artiste
- 2016: City People Music Award for Best Collabo of the Year
- 2017: MTV Europe Music Award for Best African Act
- 2017: City People Music Award for Popular Song of the Year
- 2017: Nigerian Entertainment Award for Afropop Male Artist
- 2018: The Headies Award for Artiste of the Year
- 2018: BET Award for Best International Act
- 2018: The Headies Award for Best Pop Single
For a full list of all awards Davido has won, go here.
Davido Net Worth
You may ask, what is Davido net worth?
In 2018, Forbes released the list of the richest African musicians and guess what?
Davido net worth is $16M. That’s a whooping 5,768,160,000 in Naira.
Well, baba Imade is the Commander-in-Chief of the #30BG Crew. He would definitely worth more.
- Davido is the founder of Davido Music Worldwide and he has great artists in the label.
- On April 6, 2012, Nigerian Entertainment Today reported Davido had signed a ₦30 million endorsement deal with MTN. The deal unveiled him as the face of MTN Pulse.
- On October 24, 2013, Pulse Nigeria reported Guinness Nigeria had signed Davido for an endorsement deal. As part of the deal, Davido performed at the Guinness World of More Concert.
- On January 21, 2016, Davido announced on his Instagram page he just signed a deal with Sony Music, reportedly worth $1 million. This definitely grew Davido net worth.
- April 2016, he also signed a 2-year deal with Pepsi worth #100 million.
- On May 9, 2018, he signed an endorsement deal with Infinix Mobile.
- Davido’s real name is David Adeleke
- He was born in Nov 21, 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Davido’s net worth 2019 is $16M
Thank you for reading about Davido net worth. Don’t forget to share this post on Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. Share by tapping on the social media buttons below.